Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Homemade Lip Scrub

It's so cold and dry outside and my lips are always chapped, so I decided to try and make my own sugar lip scrub.  I researched it on the web and found a really easy recipe using coconut oil!! Needless to say it's fantastic, easy to make, and very versatile.  I made a variety of flavors and they all turned out great.  Always wanting to put my traditional flair on everything, (if you know me well, you know this is so true) I made bizcochito lip scrub it smells exactly like the real thing!!! Here's the recipe:

1 c coconut oil
1 c sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp chopped anise seed
1/4 tsp cinnamon flavoring (found in the candy making section)

Mix oil, cinnamon, anise, and flavoring in a bowl thoroughly add sugar and mix sparingly.  If you mix it too much the sugar will start to dissolve. Keep it in an air-tight container in a cool place.


No comments:

Post a Comment