Sunday, December 8, 2013

Bizcochitos


De mi cocinita los bizcochitos


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in my little casita, and the aromas are deliciosos!! I had a request for a recipe for bizcochitos so here it is however, you must promise to always make these cookies with your whole heart in mind and make them with pure love just like my Grandma Connie did.  Just in case you didn't know her, my grandma was the best grandma in the world and I miss her everyday.  I'm also sharing with you a picture of her, she instilled in us the love for life, so many traditions, and many delicious family recipes.  


Blaza Luz Consuelo Trujillo



Bizcochitos

1lb. Lard
1 C Sugar
2 eggs
1tsp. vanilla
1tsp. salt
6 C flour
1 tbs. anise seed
3 tsp. baking powder

Cream lard, sugar, eggs, salt, and anise seeds, then gradually add the flour and baking powder.  You can use a cookie press or roll the dough out and use festive cookie cutters.  Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown.  In a small bowl mix 1 cup sugar and 2tsp cinnamon.  Right as you take the cookies out of the oven dip them in the sugar mixture and set on a platter to cool.


                                               

3 comments:

  1. I think you should call them melt-a-way bizcochitos....they melt in your mouth, not in your hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new blog Amiga!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to try this recipe! I haven't used my cookie press in years!

    ReplyDelete